SOX & COVID-19: Navigating Year End Compliance in the Midst of a Global Pandemic
With audit considerations rapidly changing due to the impact of COVID-19, it is unlikely that your SOX program has remained your top priority. But right now, it is more important than ever to maintain focus on your risks and controls, even if that means execution and documentation in a manner different from what was done historically. Despite the fact that the SEC has allowed some concessions, such as a respite for Smaller Reporting Companies, for the majority of public companies, business and public company requirements continue on. Continuing to focus on your internal controls, while working with control process owners, will save pain during your audit and year end reporting.
- Top-of-mind challenges from their perspective in a COVID impacted world.
- Overcoming SOX collaboration challenges in a COVID impacted world.
- Proven strategies already employed to increase agility in audit and risk management.
- Ensuring successful communication and collaboration across your organization in ever evolving SOX environment.
- Experiences transitioning from Excel based SOX management to an automated technology with integrated workflow.
CAO, Occidental Petroleum
Director of Internal Audit, Penn Virginia
Elizabeth Epler Jones
Partner, Axia Partners
VP, Solution Sales, Toppan Merrill